In this hands-on course, you'll learn how to use Node.js, Restify and Mongo to build a slick RESTful API in record time.
*** This is an EARLY BIRD course with more new content added all the time ***
EARLY BIRD promo: The first 100 students register absolutely FREE!
Node.js is quickly emerging a new and POWERFUL development framework – and it’s time that you learn it.
While many courses out there focus on giving you a theoretical understanding of Node.js but not much in the way of practical example, this course is the opposite. This course is a hands-on course and we’ll start creating our API right off the bat. In less than a couple hours, we’ll build a simple CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) API that will help boost your confidence and motivate you to continue learning!
In this course, you’ll learn how to build a simple but robust RESTful API using the Node.js & Restify frameworks.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use Node.js and Restify to create fully RESTful APIs
- Leverage existing classes and frameworks to cut down development time
- Create a simple API with CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) functionality
- Fetch user information from a remote Mongo database (DBaaS)
- Sanitize and validate data using CodeIgniter’s built in form validation libraries
- … and much more as new lessons are released!
Things that are good to have before taking this course:
- MVC (Model-View-Controller)
- Asynchronous callbacks and event-driven programming
- Node.js (not required, but a plus)
☞ Learn Nodejs by building 12 projects
☞ Projects in Node.js - Learn by Example
☞ Node.js for beginners, 10 developed projects, 100% practical
☞ Learn Web Scraping with Node.js
☞ Node.js - From Zero to Web App
☞ Learn Node.js API's Fast and Simple