learn to manage big data with freely available software.
Everyone is talking about big data and GIS, but is anyone really doing it? In this course you’ll work with gigabytes of data to solve many different spatial and data related questions. All the software is free, but don’t let that fool you: we’ll be using the most effective open source products like Postgres and QGIS, and we’ll even perform parallel processing with Manifold Viewer - I hope you have a multi-core computer to see how fast this stuff is!
At the end of the course, you’ll understand:
- the principles behind big data geo-analytics and the role of statistics, databases, parallel processing, and hardware and software in support of big data geo-analytics.
- how to use open source software and Manifold GIS to perform parallel processing and manage spatial data.
- how to conduct a big data geo-analytics project by interrogating multi-gigabyte real world databases.
**And best of all, the software we use in this class is FREE and easy to set up - you’ll do it all yourself! **
The course is taught by Dr. Arthur Lembo who is a Professor at Salisbury University and has worked in the GIS field for over 30 years.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for data professionals that want to learn how to manage large databases, especially those databases with a geographic component.
- If you have worked with GIS or databases, this course will take you to the next level in your analysis skills as we’ll be slicing and dicing multi-gigabyte data stores.
☞ Apache Spark 2.0 with Java -Learn Spark from a Big Data Guru
☞ Big Data with Apache Spark and AWS
☞ Hands on Big Data with Apache Hadoop, Python and HDInsight
☞ Apache Spark 2.0 + Scala : DO Big Data Analytics & ML
☞ Hadoop and Big Data for Absolute Beginners
☞ Spark and Python for Big Data with PySpark